At our Carers Cafe on 25th May we welcomed Claire Summers, adviser for Wiser£money, a partnership working through Somerset and the South West, giving free, impartial, confidential and effective money and debt management advice. Running from outreach centres and drop-in surgeries across Somerset, but also, for to people unable to easily get out, they are available for home visits. Claire told us how Wiser£money operates across Devon and Somerset providing services for people living in rural/remote and coastal and market town communities who are experiencing poverty, hardship and financial exclusion.
Money advice in your home: Carers Cafe meets Wiser£money
• Your home is cold, hard to heat or does not stay warm
• You are struggling to meet the cost of your heating bills
• You feel the temperature in your home is making you ill
• You need to make the most of limited resources
• You are struggling with debt
• You worry about meeting monthly repayments
• You would like to prepare a flexible, realistic budget
• Your wellbeing is affected by money worries
• Your benefits have recently changed or will be changing
• You are facing crisis and need urgent assistance.
Next month’s Carers Cafe hosts Lucy Scott, Parkinson’s Local Adviser – East Somerset, West Wiltshire, Devizes, Salisbury and Wilton. Wednesday 22nd June, 2.30 – 4.00, Queen Camel Memorial Hall.